Monday, September 15, 2014

FIVE MOST USED: BASE PRODUCTS

I have decided to start a new little series on my blog called Five Most Used. In these blog posts, I will be sharing my five most used beauty products in various categories. I was inspired by the lovely Jess from Just Jess to do this series on my blog. I'm so excited and I can't wait to start sharing some of my favorite and most used beauty products with you all! :-)

I thought I would start off this post with my five most used base products, since they are the first step in my makeup routine. I hope you enjoy this new series on my blog, be sure to let me know which category you would like to see next! :-)

 ♥ Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional, HERE.

The POREfessional from Benefit Cosmetics has been my go-to primer for a while now. It's very smooth and it feels very soft on the skin. It minimizes the appearance of pores and blurs out any imperfections on the skin. It also makes the foundation go on easier and look more smooth and even! :-)
 ♥ Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 110 & 115, HERE

I have expressed my love for the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in quite a few blog posts, the Top 10 tag being the most recent one. It has been a big favorite of mine for a while now. I love how natural it looks on the skin, it doesn't feel heavy or make my skin look cakey. It's so easy to apply and it has a very nice and fresh finish on the skin.

Like I mentioned in my Top 10 tag post, I use both 110 and 115. 110 has a yellow undertone, but it's a bit light on it's own. 115 has more of a pink undertone, but it's slightly dark for my skin tone. So I like to mix and match these two shades together to create a more wearable color for myself. Definitely worth checking out if you are in the market for a new foundation! :-)

 
 ♥ Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light, HERE

On days that I'm not in the mood to wear any foundation but still want to look somewhat decent and put together, the Dream Fresh BB Cream from Maybelline is my go-to product. It feels very lightweight on the skin, it looks very natural while giving the skin a nice and fresh look.

I have already gone though a couple tubes of this BB cream and I really like it. Are you a fan of BB creams? Which one is your favorite? :-)

 ♥ Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15, HERE.

I can't seem to get enough of the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I have been sticking to this concealer for a couple of years now and it's always the one that I end up going back to. I just like how easy it is to apply and blend. It has a nice coverage and it doesn't crease too much under my eyes.

I always start by applying just a little bit of the concealer under my eyes, then I go back and apply more if I feel like I need it. By starting with applying just a little concealer, I'm preventing it from creasing and looking cakey under the eyes! :-) 

♥ Rimmel London Stay Matte Long Lasting Powder in Translusent, HERE

The Rimmel London Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder has been a big favorite of mine ever since the wonderful Krystal from Beauty by Krystal sent it to me in a makeup swap that we did together a while ago.

I like using this powder to set my under eye concealer and to prevent it from moving around throughout the day. I sometimes like to use it to set my foundation in place, but I mostly just use it under my eyes. It's a very nice powder and it's quite affordable as well, which is always a big plus in my book! :-) 

Have you tried out any of the products above? What do you think about them? What category in this new blog series would you like me to do next? :-) Love, Christine♥
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Thanks for the mention! :)
    You picked some lovely products, I really like the sound the Maybelline Fit Me foundations.

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem honey, thanks for the inspiration! :-)

      It's such a nice foundation, definitely worth checking out :-)

      Delete
  2. This is a great post! I use the Rimmel Stay Matte everyday, but I haven't tried some of the other products, so I'll definitely give them a go next time I'm shopping! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah, I'm glad you like it :-) Let me know what you think about them if you decide to pick them up and try them out :-)

      Delete
  3. I use the fit concealer and Rimmel matte powder under my eyes most days as well. It is the perfect combo. I like it better than a lot of high end stuff I have tried. I will have to give the bb cream a try one of these days. Great post.
    http://palsywalsyblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just like it.Your all collections are very adorable.I am particularly like that maybelline fit.Thank you for sharing this...Zarah from Bizbilla.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my post and leaving a comment, means a lot :-)

      Delete
  5. Great recommendations! I have been wanting to try the Maybelline Fit Me foundation, but it's not yet available where I live *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Oh no, have you tried looking online? I bet you can find it on eBay or Amazon? :-) x

      Delete
  6. We don't have Mabelline Fit Me foundation here in Malaysia! Wish that I get to try it. By the way, I love professional too! <3

    JaniceJ @ www.JaniceJ.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for leaving me such lovely comments, I really appreciate each and every single one off you. You guys are truly amazing, thank you for making my day with your sweet words! I always reply back to comments, so make sure to check back!♥

© Makeup, Beauty & Fashion. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig