Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tutorial: How To Depot Your MAC Eyeshadows

Hi guys, how are you doing today? I have been doing a lot of depotting lately, and I thought it would be fun to put together a step by step tutorial and show you how I do it. If you want to learn how you can depot your favorite eyeshadows and save some space in your collection, just keep reading :-)

Items you need:
♥ Flat iron.
♥ Pointed knife.
♥ Wax paper.
♥ Round magnets.
♥ A magnetic palette.
♥ Hot glue gun (optional). 

 ♥ 1). Take your eyeshadow and a knife. Carefully slip the knife under the plastic (you can see a little ridge) and pop the pan out.

 ♥ 2). Then you are going to take the little pan, and place it onto the flat iron. Make sure to put the pan on a little piece of wax paper, so you don't ruin your flat iron. Leave the pan on the flat iron for about 30 seconds.

 ♥ 3). Now, take your knife and stick it right in the middle of the eyeshadow. Twist the knife and the eyeshadow should pop right out. Leave it on the wax paper and let it cool of. It's very hot, so be careful not to touch it. 

♥ 4). Once the eyeshadow is cool, you are ready to label your eyeshadow and add a magnet. I used the MAC sticker that is on the bottom of the container, but you can use whatever you like. The sticker is very easy to remove. Just leave the container on the flat iron for about 30 seconds, then use your knife to peel of the sticker. It should come right off, if it's hot enough. Use a hot glue gun, and glue the sticker onto the back of the eyeshadow pan. To add a magnet, just peel of the little piece of paper and place it on the eyeshadow pan.  

 ♥ My MAC single eyeshadow collection.

Depotting is extremely easy to do, but it can definitely be time consuming if you have a big collection. I'm planning on depotting most of my single eyeshadows, except those who come in a really cute packaging. I also have the CUTiE eyeshadow quad by MAC which I'm thinking about depotting as well, but I haven't made up my mind about it yet. We'll see :-) 

Remember to not throw away the empty containers after you are done depotting your eyeshadows, because you can take the empty containers back to MAC. If you turn in 6 empty MAC containers, you receive 1 free lipstick. Pretty sweet, huh? I think this program is fantastic, and I wish more brands did it :-) 

I hope you found my tutorial helpful. Have you depotted your eyeshadows? If no, are you thinking about doing it? :-) Love, Christine♥
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Wow that looks so cool at the end, but id be too scared to do it myself, Im so clumsy I think id stick the knife right through the powder haha
    Best wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is awesome! Amazing tips! I will try it, no doubt! I love MAC shadows and the program it's really great!

    www.indecently.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really helpful, I need to do this to one of my eyeshadows because I bought It in the container instead of refill haha :)

    Jo xx
    http://a-hint-of-glitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post! I did this a few months ago and ended up freeing up so much space! It's the NYX Eyeshadows that are a headache!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've depotted most of my mac eyeshadows, except for the ones in the special packaging. I even made a special starflash palette ;D I use the same method as you. I also leave the whole round label intact and stick it on the bottom of the pan after I clean it off with alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually really suck at depotting my MAC shadows. I used a butter knife to get them out of their containers and I cut one of my fingers. Ugh. I'll buy them in pans from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks easy in your pictures)I haven't tried depotting yet. I'll try now)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Vanessa Chloe Thank you so much! Haha, yeah. I did that to one of my MUA Makeup Academy eyeshadows :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Sofia Thank you so much Sofia. I'm so happy you like my post, it means a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Joanna Kay Thank you so much! I have always bought the MAC containers, definitely going to stick to buying the refills now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Niki Thank you so much Niki :-) Yeah, I have a bunch of the NYX eyeshadows as well. Haven't tried depotting them yet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Amanda Val I almost did that too, so scary haha! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Lulu Thank you! Let me know if you try it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow ! thanks for the share :)
    will do this in the future :)

    Chiara♥
    xmisschiarax.blogspot.com

    BLOG | Instagram | Twitter | bloglovin' | Pinterest | WeHeartIt | polyvore

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic tips hunny!! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very clear and easy tutorial. Love the Zpalette too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for leaving me such lovely comments, I really appreciate each and every single one off you. You guys are truly amazing, thank you for making my day with your sweet words! I always reply back to comments, so make sure to check back!♥

© Makeup, Beauty & Fashion. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig